Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Student Teacher

Wow, this year is going by so fast I don't have time to blink. I switched from a contained class where I taught all the subjects to being the 6th, 7th and 8th grade Language Arts teacher this year and I am LOVING it!!! Reading and writing have always been my passion and I am delighted to be back in the saddle again. Unfortunately, this is the year I have been given a student teacher. She arrives in one week and I have to say I am not looking forward to this at all. I absolutely love what I am doing and I do not want to give it up!! Where were all the student teachers when I was stuck with a self-contained room that was driving me nuts????
I know that student teachers need places to learn too, but why me, why this year, why now???? (ok, I know I am whining!!!)
It's just that I love all my classes and I enjoy teaching them and I don't want to stop. I figure that if she arrives on October 22, I will have to relinquish my classes to her by the 1st of Novemeber and I won't get them back until the end of January.
Do I really have to give her ALL my classes??? I mean, I could keep one or two, right?? She has to have some time to watch a seasoned teacher at work, yes???? UGH!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy!

    Thank you for the comment you left on my blog. Prayer may be the only thing that gets me through this year!
    Having BlogBuddies like you makes the task a little easier, and I am so BLESSED to have sweet bloggers like you leave advice and and ideas to help me keep my chin up and try another day.
    I REALLY appreciated that you stopped by...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete